Boy I never thought I'd get to say it.. but I got the job at Indian Hills Country Club that i've been trying to get since.... MAY. freakin 5 months! my first day was on monday, i found out i got the job last tuesday! Life is so unpredictable. I mean, who would have thought in less than a year I'd travel between 4 jobs in the company, and end up in membership.. I'm now the Assistant Membership Director at the club. I've just been counting my blessings every night, and every morning, that I didn't give up.
Something one of the crazy old servers at Georgian Club (where I was working less than 2 months ago) told me was that if I want this job, or anything in life, don't let anybody get in my way. That the world is full of people that just give up or let people tell them no, but that I can't be that person because I will never be happy if I do. although the words came from a nutcase of a man, i couldn't get them out of my head. I won't go into the details of this whole looong process to get the job, but it was emotionally draining and i just never thought i would get here. it was all i could think about, always stressing me out. and not to say that i am always going to be happy at this job, because it's going to be sooo much work, and i have so much learning to do.. but I really feel like it's where i'm supposed to be. who knew.
i'm still doing my photography of course.. i'm photographing a wedding tomorrow, and wedding next saturday too. i am so busy i just feel like i'm never going to relax again, but it's okay. this time last year, i was miserably bored, wishing i could just get a freakin job. and now i love my job, i love my boss, and i love my apt. so, can i just say, God is good.
all i need now is not to be single.. pahaha like i have time to date right now. nice thought.
Friday, September 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i love you katey and i am so so proud of you!!!!
ReplyDeletethank you Ace!! I just re-read this blog and it really annoys me lol, i sound so braggy... oh well. let's play soon!
ReplyDelete